Monday 2 February 2015

Welcome to Room 1 2015

Welcome back to a new year of learning. I hope you have all had an enjoyable break.
This year in Room 1 we are a class of year 5 and year 6 students. I am currently on my second year of teaching. Last year I was in Room 2 teaching year 5 and year 6 students. I am from Gisborne originally then moved to   Hamilton to attend Waikato University to become a teacher. 

This year in Room 1 I will be having one release day every 2 weeks to complete planning and attend professional development courses. This is a requirement for any second year teachers. Miss Anna Beattie will be in Room 1 on the days that I am not in the classroom.

I am looking forward to working with Miss Beattie as I know she has a lot of exciting ideas and work planned for Room 1 students in 2015.

I am looking forward to 2015 and the exciting learning adventure we will have together.

Please feel free to come in and see me at anything throughout the year.
I am also available through email at any time.

Yours truly,
Miss Anna Wallis

 What’s coming up:

-Pat starts swimming sessions week 2.
-Town Library next Monday 9th February at 10:35am
-Meet the teachers evening at the town Library 6pm Tuesday 10th February
-Powhiri for all year 4 students and new teachers joining Team Pango Thursday 12th February 

Important notice for Room 1 2015.
I cannot emphasize the importance of home learning this year.
Starting from Week 2 students will have home learning each night which will be 20minutes of reading a night, spelling and there will also be math challenges for the week.

 Swimming will continue throughout the start of Term 1.
It is important that all students bring their togs and a towel to school each day. Swimming is a compulsory part of the curriculum just like reading, writing and math.


Yours truly,
Miss Anna Wallis
annaw@awapni.school.nz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Room 1 Kapa Haka photo

Room 1 loved participating in the Turanganui Schools Festival on Tuesday where they performed their Kapa Haka bracket they have been practic...